FIRST CAUSE IN EACH INDIVIDUAL'S SALVATION
It is awesome to know that God compelled us to accept Jesus as our lord and Savior. This means that we are chosen; he gave us to Jesus. We are special, not because of our doing, but because of what God wants to do with us. God made certain that we would accept the gift of salvation; nothing about us, other than His selection of us, brought us to salvation. (Ephesians 1:3-14) (2 Thessalonians 2:13-14)
When it comes time for captains to choose their team, young people desire to be chosen, need to know that they are wanted and that they are part of a team. They should know that for those who have accepted the gift of Christ, they were set apart, chosen by God to be on His winning home team; to become a part of his family.
Children may not even be aware of talents and skills they possess that God will use for His purpose, but God, the Creator, knew ALL before the beginning of time. God has given us to Jesus, so that we will glorify Him by submitting our will to His will.
Being God's chosen brings along with it favor and responsibilities.
· We are called to live a holy righteous life (2 Timothy 1:9) (Colossians 3:12-17)
· God chose us for a purpose - that his glory be revealed through us, in Christ Jesus, throughout the world (only God has determined what that purpose is) - (Ephesians 1:11-12)
· We must reach others for Christ (spread the Gospel) - (2 Timothy 2:10)
· We must love one another (Ephesians 4:2) (John 13:34-35)
· We may have to bear the hate of the world, trials and suffering because we are God's chosen, but we do not do it alone; God is always with us. As we persevere, we bring glory to God. (2 Timothy 1:8-9)
· We must surrender to God's will for our lives (Ephesians 2:8-10) (John 17:4)
· We have been brought out of darkness into Christ's arms of grace and mercy (1 Peter 2:9) (Colossians 1:13)
· God will always be with us (Hebrews 13:5-6)
· We are brothers with Christ, justified and glorified (Romans 8:29-30)
· Our sins are forgiven and we are considered righteous (Ephesians 1: 4) (1 Corinthians 1:30)
· Nothing can take us away from Christ (John 6:39-40, 10:27-29)
· We will have eternal life and go with Jesus when he comes back (Mark 132:27)
· The end of days will be shortened for us (Matthew 24:22)
· When we call to Him, God will bring about justice for us. (Luke 18:7)
· God will protect us from being deceived by false prophets (Matthew 24:24)
· If we obey God's will, God will bless us when we call to him (John 15:16-17)
In closing, let us remember that being chosen by God for salvation is a blessing, a wonderful gift. It is nothing to be boastful about, but humbly grateful and prayerful.